I met Rory Vaden through my days at Southwestern Company via a student manager I was doing a talk for back in 2009. Southwestern Company who works with college kids to start their own business selling books door-to-door has always been near and dear to me for lessons I learned over 2 summers.
After meeting Rory at one of his seminars, I began absorbing his insights on self-discipline, sales, and execution. After we met, Rory quickly gathered his team together to discuss my expertise in social media and quickly became amazingly proficient in it. As successful as Rory was even then, he taught me no matter where you are in business, be humble and learn from others.
It was then, I became extremely interested in his self-discipline expertise and its use to learn, grow and more importantly execute on ideas. Since that time, we have become friends and I am very excited to be able to bring him on Success Secrets.
Rory, who is not only a Southwestern alumni, he is the founder of Southwestern Consulting, a multimillion dollar global consulting practice with more than 90 team members.
Rory is a New York Times Best-Selling Author and has been featured on Fox and Friends, Oprah radio, CNN and in Fast Company, Entrepreneur, Forbes, Inc, Success Magazine and many other media outlets.
His articles and insights average more than 4 million views every month and he is the weekly host of a top 25 business news podcast called “Daily Discipline with Rory Vaden.”
Rory’s newest book is called Procrastinate on Purpose: 5 Permissions to Multiply Your Time and became an instant National Bestseller. (available on Amazon)
On this Episode of Success Secrets, Rory will share how he became a self-discipline strategist, a big lesson he learned in branding and the keys to multiplying your time. A must listen if you are an executive, entrepreneur or just want to be able to do more and get more out of business and life.
“Automation is to your time exactly what compounding interest is to your money.”
A Few of the Questions I Ask:
- How did you become a self-discipline strategist?
- Where did you get the concept of “Take the Stairs”?
- How did you start Southwestern Consulting?
- Why did you name your book ‘Procrasitnate on Purpose’?
- How did you get past security to keep your self-discipline commitment?
- What is the psychology of starting at 7:59AM vs 8AM?
- How do we become more discipline?
- How do you grow an organization exponentially?
- What comes first the people or the training?
- How do you recruit?
- The one thing you want to know from a candidate?
- What are your 3 success secrets?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Learning self-discipline from selling door-to-door
- Discipline is NOT as hard as you think
- The mindset of taking cold showers
- Rory going from make-up to martial arts
- Rory’s biggest lesson from his Mom
- “Enjoying it isn’t a requirement of doing it”
- Procrastinating on Purpose
- The work ethic to become a ‘Great’ professional public speaker
- How to multiply your time
- Why Book Branding needs to be direct
- The Significance Calculation
- Rory’s go-to-tool for Automation The Focus Funnel
- Growing by eliminating
- The permission of imperfect
- and Much More…
Seeking Additional Success Secrets:
- Rory’s Tedx Talk
Speaker Automation (Coming Soon)
Find Rory on:
Please comment below and let us know what you thought about this podcast or if you have any other feedback. If you got value from this, we would appreciate it if you shared this on your social networks and subscribe and rate on iTune and SoundCloud. Thanks for all your support. – Nhat
Success Secrets – Episode 11. Interview with Rory Vaden on taking the Stairs, Self-Discipline & Multiplying your Time