I have heard Mark Smith throughout the years on the radio supporting some of Richmond’s non-profits by giving a free oil change in exchange for a pint of blood for Virginia Blood Services or a can of food for Feedmore.
After crossing paths through great organizations like The Retail Merchant Association and getting to know him more through boards and coffee talks, I realize how sharp of a business leader he is along with contributing to the community.
I realized I had to share his knowledge and insights on how he successfully grows a business while impacting the local community in such a big way. Mark dives into his path of growing into an entrepreneur, the challenges and the keys to running a successful franchise. I think you will really enjoy not only his insights, but Mark’s great radio voice in this episode 8 of Success Secrets. A must listen if you’re thinking about buying a franchise or flourishing in a franchise.
“The things that are important to you, make sure they are important to your team. Be on Message.”
A Few of the Questions I Ask:
- How did you get into the franchise business?
- Why did you choose RVA to start your franchise?
- What is the biggest Challenge you caught early on?
- How do you have high employee retention?
- What is the key to building a great company culture?
- Why did you go with radio as your primary media method?
- What was your thought process of sticking with a franchise brand or going on your own?
- Why don’t franchises use their Co-OP dollars?
- Where is the next big disruption in your industry?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Growing through Cause Marketing
- Finding the Cause that Works for You
- The Importance of the Right Business Model
- Keys to Retaining Employees
- How to Buy a Franchise
- The Importance of Understanding a UFOC
- The 5 Things Mark Focuses On
- and Much More…
Seeking Additional Success Secrets:
Find Mark Smith:
Please comment below and let us know what you thought about this podcast or if you have any other feedback. If you got value from this, we would appreciate it if you shared this on your social networks and subscribe and rate on iTune and SoundCloud. Thanks for all your support. – Nhat