Tom Byrd has great insights on climbing the corporate ladder with success and significance after a career in healthcare eventually becoming the president of Trigon Healthcare and finally retiring as president of then Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shields. He now spends much of his time in the community helping start-ups and non-profits.
I have had the pleasure of getting to know Tom in the last couple years. He has become an advisor and mentor to me. Tom is a well-respected businessman and philanthropist that has climbed up to the top of the corporate ladder.
After becoming the president of Trigon Healthcare and then Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shields, and now spends much of his time in the community helping start-ups and non-profits.
Subscribe on iTunes, SoundCloud or RSS.
“It’s NOT who knows you, it’s who knows you and what do they think about you.”
A Few of the Questions I Ask:
- Is there instinct involved or is it just about the numbers?
- How do you scale business?
- What do you need to be reading and how much?
- How do you get from good to great?
- What would you do differently if you knew now what you knew then?
- Can you have life balance?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The Power of Perspective
- The Keys to Pitching Investors
- Keys to Success and Significance
- Being intentional
- Management by walking around
Seeking Additional Success Secrets:
Connect to Tom Byrd
“If you don’t have health, you don’t have wealth.”