Butch and Kim Taylor are the owners of Titan Auto & Tire, a full-service auto repair shop that is also a qualified hybrid service center. Not only are they well known for giving back to their community, their business was voted the 2014 Small Business of the Year by the Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce.
They run their business off a solid foundation of personal values. They prioritize honesty and integrity not only in their work, but also in how they treat their employees, and their efforts to give back to their community. As their business grows (now at two locations surrounding Richmond), they work to maintain their reputation built on honesty and hard, innovative work.
Join us in Episode 21 as we talk about what it’s like to work as a married couple and business partners, staying current with technological trends, and the different challenges and opportunities that come with running your own business.
A few of the questions I ask:
- How did you start your business?
- What was the mindset behind your branding?
- As you were building your business, what was the biggest challenge you faced, and how did you overcome that?
- How do you decide how much to allocate, and to whom, for supporting your community?
- Is your employee training more focused on the technical side, or the customer service side?
- Do you have a training process for customer service in your company? Is customer service training part of your trade? How do you use that in your business model?
- How has your business model or marketing strategy evolved over the years with the growth of technology and newer generations of customers?
- When it comes to newer technologies, how do you decide what to invest in to improve your business (training, certifications, marketing) and how much to allocate to that new technology?
- In your overall marketing plan, what is your key focus for being successful today?
- How do you select and forge partnerships, like with NAPA Auto Parts?
- Have you guessed wrong before on your business ventures?
- Are there any challenges you face voicing your values and morals as business owners?
- What do you do right now to attract the right people for your business?
- And, of course, our Speed Round!
In this episode you will learn:
- How staying technology relevant is essential to both marketing and service.
- Ways to be active as a business in your community.
- How building a community of valued employees pays to your success.
- Unique ways to maintain trust and integrity with your customer relationships.
- The importance of staying technologically relevant by following trends, and keeping up on training in your industry.
- How to fuse training into your new and current employee demands.
- How specializations and innovations can really set your business apart from competitors.
- The importance of full-time or dedicated marketing today.
- Innovative interactive marketing techniques using newer technology.
Ways to connect to Butch and Kim Taylor: